A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Lovely Balloon Launch

We got up early last Saturday to see something I've wanted to see my whole life; a HOT AIR BALLOON LAUNCH! And it was luckily practically in our backyard!

Here's what it looked like when we arrived....lots of them on the ground getting fatter......




The balloons were launched in Sandy at the Storm Mountain Park. It was beautiful. And it was fun to see everybody in their quilts and jammy pants eating their Egg McMuffins.

Here's me taking a picture of John taking a picture...LOL


I got close to this guy and could feel the heat as he cranked up the gas! 

First one to take off.....



We just rolled out of bed too. The thing was over by 7:15. Most of the balloons left between 7:05 and 7:10.
Then a few more.....up up and away! 


Then a few more were gone.....it happens so quick! 

Maybe if I keep my day job I can also train to be one of these..... the drivers who chase down the balloons. "Official Balloon Chase Vehicle"  now doesn't that sound like a fun job?

This could be fun? 

Bye Bye Balloon Men....
Such an amazing sight isn't it? 


So long guys! 


It was fun seeing people I know in my community coming together to  watch all the big colorful hot air balloons.  It was cool to see them all lift off one by one.  It was quiet and peaceful. Then everybody clapped. It was all over in 10 minutes start to finish.  I loved it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10