A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bulletin Board Repainting

I repainted a bulletin board that used to be bright red. I LOVE how it turned out. It will be pretty in the classroom too! Don't you think? 
This is what it used to look....cork board under the blue plastic I taped over it....red painted edges.  
It actually used to be gray in my hub's office. But I took it home and painted it red. But I didn't end up using it in the grandkiddie room. I made a giant chalk board instead. They love it so much! 
And I covered it with fabric and ribbons and glittery butterfly pins....


A quick and easy video on how to spray paint old furniture....
Taping up the bulletin board with paper, trash bags,  to cover  up the cork portion. 
It use to be a fire engine red for a kiddie room....now I want it for my craft room since all my kiddos are grown and gone. 

Here is my painted bulletin board after I sprayed 2 coats of the  Rustoleum spraypaint on  it....You can see how I taped the edges with a trash bag and masking tape....
KILZ primer and Valspar are the best...they go on smooth . 
Valspar and Rustoleum are good spray paints too....I liked this light blue color. It will match my little book boxes in my classroom library.  I bought blue, light green, and pink last year and redid the library. CUTE! 
I covered the bulletin board with a kitchen trash bag and masking tape....not too bad for prep! 
Here were my 2 fabrics and my ribbon I wanted to use.

I sewed the glittery, striped fabric onto 2 sides of the butterfly fabric....and cut it to fit the bulletin board....
Then I just glue gunned it all around the edges of the cork after letting the paint dry overnight. Lookin good!  It's too bad the back would not come off, it would have been easier to just wrap the fabric around, but, it was glued down in every corner and edge. 
Then when it was finished I added some embellishments....a couple of glittery butterflies and push pins.
Check out my 6 tips for using spray paint at Patties Place.
I bought some glittery, giant push pins at Hobby Lobby for my painted bulletin board redo.  I put one in the center of each cute little flower. 
Finished bulletin board redo....it turned out just like I wanted.  
Well, don't look too close at my bad sewing job though. It's kind of hard to believe I've had 5 years of sewing in high school and college level, right? Yeah, I've gone downhill there. :D
I think it will look great in my classroom this year! A LOT better looking  than the plain red one. I love spray paint! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10