A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pioneer Day Parade in Salt Lake City


The hubs and I went to see the Pioneer Day floats for the Days of 47 Parade. 

Irish band drummers warming up for their performance at the Expo Center in Sandy, Utah.

I love quilts so I picked out this cute float to flash a pic with! 

Cute glittery floats at the Days of 47 Parade.


Loved the steam coming out of this Pioneer Day float. 

This giant pioneer lady was funny looking....had to get the hubs to pose with her......heheh.....

What a geek I am! I LOVE these things! 

Had to pose with the giant pioneer dude too! 

These cherries on the banana split were giant red bouncy balls......so shiny and pretty! 

BYU had their blue float......and across the way was the U of U red float too! 


My church did this float.....so cute with the sparkly wheels that turned....


These are the Disney Princesses!!  No, just kidding, they are the Pioneer Day Princesses or Days of 47 Princesses.....something like that!  

Clown making balloon animals for the kids....


Panning for gold, lots of fun for the kiddos....




Lookie here!  A balloon animal poodle pup! 

This was a strange float....people were getting their picture taken next to the giant Jesus.....kinda strange! 

Mormon temple float....

Irish bagpipe band....pretty neat to hear them march around playing tunes....
My favorite was the pirate float....very cool looking! 

Gotta love a LEGO float! 

Parts of the floats lifted up and moved around


Old pioneer outfits on stands.....pioneer letters and memorabilia were everywhere....I loved that part. 


I am in awe of the Pioneers and the struggles they endured.  I don't think I have what it takes to have done it.  I'm glad we, in Utah, honor them once a year.  Happy Pioneer Day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10