A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Party Halloween Style!

It was my oldest Son's birthday. And I was seeing all the cute Halloween decor in the stores. And I could feel it coming on....the decorating bug. I NEED some skeletons, ghosts, and witches around here!

So I decorated. My bad. I know it 's early but really, who cares? I did my classroom all in Halloween too. I can't help myself. I know...... I need a 12 step program or something.

Here's some of the fun we had.  Jeff got a giant Machete knife from his dad. Maybe it's a hunting knife....I dunno..... I don't really understand guys and their knives and guns. Gee whiz! 

We used my new outdoor oil lamp I got from Pier 1 as his birthday candle...hehe.....It looked
kinda like a giant bomb or something!  Ka POW1  Oh...just kidding Jeff....snicker....

We made Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches and corn on the cob for dinner.. Everybody liked them. We had gone out for lunch Saturday at Jimmy Johns, a new place in Draper. So they had all these long, yummy, bread rolls for 50 cents on sale! Woopee! What a deal! So I took them home and froze them overnight to keep them as fresh as possible.


I got the cheese steak bread from Jimmy Johns for 50 cents each!  

Here I am in my kitchen frying up the thin sliced steak pieces....

I add grilled onions and mushrooms....So good! 

They were yummy too. I love Jimmy Johns. It's a bit different from Subway but similar. It reminds me of New York City. Anyway, it's a great place for lunch.

Marisa shopping with grandma.....

John joined us for lunch at Jimmy Johns....Megan and Wendy and Josie are  with us...

Megan loved Pier 1 Imports...such cute Halloween stuff! 

Shopping with Josie, Wendy, Marisa, Megan and Tiff on Saturday..../Rod Works had a 50% off sale....


Here's the girls on Sunday,  helping me assemble the sandwiches....

Here's my family all smiling for the shot....not again.....mom and her blog... grumble grumble....

My granddaughter Josie loves a good party! 

Marisa and Megan do too! 

Yum...this is good stuff grandma! 
Here's Jeffrey's cake.  It had a skeleton on it and a superball eyeball! Now too bad he's not still 5 years old! He said, "mom my birthday cake is a Halloween cake!" Yeah. go figure. Your mom is a crazy lady. hehe.
It turned out cute though! 


So easy too! Just a bundt cake recipe! Here's my favorite from  All Recipes.com.

Then I piped it with cream cheese icing....yummo! 
My recipe for cream cheese icing  is 1 brick of 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature. Then  I dump it in my mixer. Then I add a half cube of butter and about 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix it up! That's it!
I just used a zip lock baggie with a corner snipped off...so easy! 

Finished cake.  Kind of a dorky birthday cake...but a cute bundt cake! 

I got the cute decorations from Walmart for $1.29 each and the skeletons in a pack of 10! 


It was a fun party. Everybody had a good time.  Happy bday Jeffie.  I still remember making a figure 8 cake with little cars and a racetrack for this kid when he turned 2. Time flies when you're having fun.



They went to Hawaii for Jeff's birthday. Some present!!!  ( Hey, Honey, can I have that for my next birthday? Huh? What's that you say? .....  Oh, bummer.....). 




from All Recipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10