A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

RESTORE Deck Painting

Restore Deck Painting is a great product for fixing dry, cracked and chipped decks that are still in pretty good shape as far as the wood goes. Sometimes you just want to do a little quickie project to make it looks clean and fresh on your deck. This is the product you need to do the job. It is a very thick, textured paint that almost looks like it has bits of sand in it.

It goes on very thick with a roller. It dries pretty quickly too. We have an old house. I think it is around 35 years old. So this deck may be really, really crotchety! That means old in pig latin. And we redid the flat part last year.  This year we wanted to redo all the posts and cover up those dumb hearts. (Who puts hearts on balconies except the Swiss? Are we living in the Swiss Alps or what?)
The awful Deck.  This is the BEFORE DECK RESTORE picture. 
When we started the project last year we had to do a lot of PREP! Oh my GOSH the deck was flaky. Is yours that way too? Yuck!  I took the power washer and washed off the entire deck really good. It took me an hour or so. Then I let it dry.

Close up of how badly we needed some RESTORE DECK PAINT done  here....
 This Deck Restore Paint is the greatest product EVER!  It is from Home Depot. If you don't want to redo your whole deck in Trex, this is a good alternate solution. It really made our deck look better.
RESTORE DECK PAINT  comes in a gallon can and we bought an applicator roller that had a texture to it. You can add your broomstick to it so it isn't so backbreaking to apply.

We sanded it with just a big wire brush, just to loosen anything that might chip off. We picked a dark brown but unfortunately they didn't have our exact shade. You have to choose from their color selection which isn't a huge variety, but there are about 20 colors. And we could have color matched. I think we should have, but we are getting ready to paint the house anyway, so no worries.

 Here is a short video showing HOW to spread the DECK RESTORE PAINT onto your old deck.  It looks really easy, AND IT WAS!  Especially for me because all I did was watch! Well, and I cleaned up too. :D


Here is my cute hubs doing the MANLY WORK!   We got a color matching THE RESTORE PAINT for the  deck posts and the  railings around the deck. I still haven't done it.....I am such a procrastinator!  Maybe I can get him to do THAT TOO!  hmmm.....

I decided our old umbrella had seen better days. So I got a fresh, new, green umbrella and some cute outdoor cushions and a few decorations for the deck. It was so boring before!  But don't the deck planks look fantastic? Oh yeah! 

I love the new umbrella and the oil lamp on the table. I found it  from Pier 1 on clearance!  It was only 8 bucks! Woot! 
The flag above I won in a blogger contest. Yay for me! It is so pretty out on the deck post. 

Fake flowers in pots around the deck mixed with real ones. I got that tip from JOY IN THE GARDEN'S radio show. She does it even with tulips and daffodils! Great idea! 

We added these copper, solar lights to the end posts of the deck, they were about  $15.00 each  at the end of the summer last year. Aren't they pretty? Check them out Here at Home Depot.
Here is the DECK RESTORE looking great! (we still have to get rid of those hearts though! I'm still working on painting the posts and handrails. It's a work in progress. It's so hot I can only stand painting in the evenings. 


I took a break from home improvements and got season passes for the hubs and I to go to Cowabunga Bay. They had a Buy One Get One Freebie deal so I bought 4 more tickets so if some of my relatives come we can go play.

Swimming at Cpwabunga Bay is so fun the 98 degree heat! Oh yeah. I can't wait! 


Megan is all over this place like a wild thing. She has no fear at all!

She loves all the slides at Cowabunga Bay.
 Me and Tiff chilling out....
Josie girl chillin with us. 

Now doesn't my pretty deck look pretty awesome? I love hanging out there in the early evenings with the hubs. Now I just have to get him to help me do all the railings....sigh....It never ends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10