A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Painting My Front Door

I decided to paint my dull door today. I think it turned out pretty good, even though I'm a lazy painter. 

HERE is the "AFTER" PICTURE....I LOVE IT!  Mcintosh Apple Red....from Glidden at Home Depot....


 I'll have to get some corn stalks and pumpkins for the front porch too. That'll look nice.
I used Glidden Paint from Home Depot....(my favorite paint)  
  Macintosh Apple.....Satin finish

The door used to be white front and back....

Here is the BEFORE picture....I wanted a brighter color....maybe red or blue....or maybe light brown?

So I got it ready and tried a tan color.....

Painted it all up.....

Took off the kickboard....yeah it was gold color anyway...so last century! 

I hate painting....it's so boring....but I love the results...

But when it was all done...in the tan color.....I didn't really like it!  But I kept it for a few weeks...just to
see if it would grow on me......but it didn't really....

It was kinda too .....I don't know.....BLA!  Nothing special....I reverted back to my first idea....RED!  


So I taped it all with blue painter's tape from Home Depot.....

Then started in....I loved the color so much I found some clay pots and little wood bins to paint too....don't know what I'll do with those yet.....but hey, red goes with fall doesn't it?  
Maybe I'll fill it with some pumpkins and fall plant pics, pomegranates and gourds?
That will be my next post....in the meantime....enjoy my front door! 
I know what you are thinking....why is that pumpkin in the fall wreath you are asking.......I have no answer for you....I just stuck it there for the little trick or treaters....that never come to my house anyway.....

OH WELL, AT LEAST THE DOOR IS READY FOR FALL! AND I LOVE THE COLOR!   
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10