A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

REPAINTING AN END TABLE

This Repainted end table looks 100 times better than it did a few days ago! END TABLE  LOOKS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY! Look what it used to look like!! 

Look at this old, ugly little end table thingy. I didn't even know if it would be worth saving! My hubs called it a piece of trash and said to send it to the garbage heap! But the "do it yourselfer" in me said "NO WAY! This trash is TREASURE!"

BEFORE PICTURE of the PAINTED END TABLE ....I was using it in the basement and had topped it with some leftover granite that we had after redoing our basement guest bathroom. 




It was so heavy we kept thinking it would fall over and land on somebody's foot! EEK!
AFTER PICTURE.......HERE IS MY PAINTED END TABLE NOW! Not bad! 

























Plus the edges were rough since it was a leftover piece. So last week I decided to paint it and see if I could do something with it.
So I sanded it just a little bit, and then primed it with some VALSPAR PRIMER....and then painted it with black RUSTOLEUM SPRAY PAINT.
I just sprayed it out in the backyard on the grass. Heck, when the hubs mows it again, you'll never know I was there! Well, maybe after 2 mowings....snicker.....
It took about 2 coats of paint before it looked about right.
Here's my paint. I like this ULTRA COVER RUSTOLEUM PAINT in combination with the VALSPAR PRIMER underneath.
So here is my finished little table.  It looks a lot better than when I started! 

I got the top as a tray from HOBBY LOBBY for only $11.00 with a 40% off coupon. Then I glued it on top of the old and ugly top with LIQUID NAILS.
You can get it from Walmart for a few bucks. It is a great adhesive product. It works fast and holds tight.

 The little black tray was such a steal! It's a little dusty but I love it already!
I'll have to find a nice little spot for this repurposed little table, 
won't I? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10