A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Blackberry-Peach Crisp

I picked these peaches today off of my tree to make some Blackberry Peach Crisp. 
Blackberry Peach Crisp with toasted pecans....great summer dessert! 

RECIPE FOR FRESH BLACKBERRY-PEACH CRISP 
1 cup of quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter of room temperature butter
6 to 8 medium fresh peaches sliced  (enough to cover bottom of 9 x 9 or larger casserole dish) 

1/2 cup fresh blackberries (or raspberries)
1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoons salt 

Always use REAL BUTTER for your Peach Crisp...it will taste better! 
Combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add butter and mix. Cut butter into oats mixture. Arrange sliced peaches in a 8 x 8 or 10 x 6 inch, oiled baking dish. 
Fresh Blackberries from my bushes! I am getting a good crop this year. This yield is just todays, picked from only 2 plants. 
Here are the peaches from my tree right before I peeled them and sliced them for my Blackberry Peach Crisp. 
I peeled my peaches but you do not have to. I've done it both ways. My tree peaches are just VERY fuzzy, so I like to remove the skins and slice them up. 
You can see my blackberries added! Yum!  This is right before I added the pecans and popped it into the oven! 
Cover peaches with a few squirts of lemon juice and a few teaspoons sugar. Spread the blackberries around.  Mix up all the rest of the ingredients in your mixer. Then Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the fruit. Top with pecan halves or pieces. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350. Let set for 15 minutes before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.


You can see those yummy toasted pecans. I just lay them all over the top and they toast so nicely! 
This is right before I took a giant bite. mmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10