A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Train, The Train!


We went downtown  to see the 1940s steam engine that was coming into town. It was a slushy, rainy day so there was a ton of traffic and we missed it by 5 minutes!  So we had a little discussion. Should we drive all the way to Ogden to chase it down?

Well, we probably shouldn't have, because it ended up taking up our whole day, but it is always fun to have an adventure. So we had a train adventure, the hubs and I.

Train station....I think this was the Frontrunner Train.or maybe Trax....

Have you ever heard of the "Intermodal Hub"?  Yeah me neither...what a weird word....

Here we are finding out the 1940s Steam Train left just 5 minutes ago.....and everybody leaving just raved about it too! 

Well, should we or shouldn't we? We can race the train! Let's GO! 
I liked these criss crossed signs...Trax, Amtrak, Greyhound and Frontrunner.... Cool! 

We got back in the car and it was 10:15....oh well....we are slugs...we don't move fast on Saturday mornings....

I can't remember where we were here, but we took a picture anyway...snicker....

Some of the old trains at Union Station in Ogden
The Steam Train is coming to town.....Ya better watch out...ya better not cry...Oh that's another song...OOPS! 
Cool train cars....

Here's an old Steam Engine just sitting around....

Union Station....Ogden....

Old train museum inside here....and some shops....

I just really liked the architecture of this old,  train-station building...

Some monuments to something....


For some reason this old grandpa wanted to get in on my picture taking. What's up with that gramps?
This place looks fun! It would have been awesome for the grand kids to go exploring some of these old trains....
Here's the hubs.....he's thinking..."You dragged me away from Football....for THIS?"  No really, he enjoyed it....I think...
And me...waiting for the train to come, we beat it by 30 minutes...
The Union Pacific!  We've got lots of history here in Utah....
Wasted youth...hanging out on train tracks on a Saturday.....
Planes...trains and automobiles....
Here comes the train! The Train! de twain...
It seriously took forever...it was going backwards pushing trains in to be parked....


When it finally got here is was very awesome! 

Lots of Ogdenites came out to see the train. I'd forgotten that Ogden is a big train city.
Here I am!  With my Ogden peeps....

My hubs with all the other tourists.....hehe....

The 844....that's what we learned they call it.....it travels all over America.
I had to snap a pic of this HOT Train Engineer...he had the cute overalls and everything!  

This is just the tip of the train. It was ....FRICKIN  H U G E!  Look at those wheels! 
It was a fun day together....I like trains it turns out...



2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha. This is such a funny post, Pattie! My favorite was, "Some monuments to something..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caitlin. It was a funny day. John took the fun video and cut out the part where I'm waving at the end. I guess he was more impressed by the big black train...than with my cute waving.... hehe....

    ReplyDelete

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10