A PLACE TO COOK, CRAFT, CREATE, REMAKE AND PLAN SOME FUN PARTIES FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

PINE CONE SNOWMAN CRAFT




HERE at Tall Mouse is a link to a cute tutorial to make this darling little snowman. I have tons of pine cones saved up from my front yard BEFORE all this snow came along. So the kids in my classroom and my grandkids can have fun making snowmen!

Here is my variation on this cute Snowman. . I think a variety of colorful fabrics will make our pinecone snowmen even cuter.  This project will be a springboard to write about a snowman adventure!

  • 1 pinecone
  • 1½” white pom-pom
  • Two ½”  pom-poms
  • 1 brown chenille stems
  • 1 metallic gold or other colored chenille stem for earmuffs top and arms.
  • orange tiny pom pom or dot of paint for nose
  • White paint for the "snow" Black Sharpie marker for smile and eyes
  • 10”x1” piece of fabric for the scarf (snip the edges) 
  •  hot glue gun
My variation will be to cut out 2 white circles out of felt and then glue gun them together except for one small area for stuffing with batting. This will save me some money spending on the expensive large pom poms. We can then choose and add the tiny pom poms for ear muffs. 


I will also use some flannel fabric for the scarves. I think I can find a nice variety of flannel or regular fabric in Winter designs that will look cute. 
This cute one was from Kaboose. I like the 2 light blue skiis to match the pinecone snowman skier.
The link is HERE for the instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so COOL that you are Commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10